T A and S Green






 

Location and period of operation:

T A & S Green

Fenton

1876

1889

 

China manufacturer at the Minerva Works, Park Street, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, England.
  • The partners were the brothers Thomas Allen and Spencer Green. 

  • Thomas Green (their father) was involved in manufacture at the Minerva Works from 1833, following Thomas's death in 1859 his widow, Margaret, took over running the works (with her 4 sons). In 1863, she purchased the Minerva Works which, until that time, had been leased. 

  • Following Margaret's death in 1876, two of her sons, Thomas Allen and Spencer, bought out their brothers and the company became T A & S Green.

  • Thomas Allen Green established London showrooms, known as Green Bros. and Edis.

  • Around 1889 the business continued as Crown Staffordshire Porcelain Co.

 

Previously: M Green & Co

Subsequently: Crown Staffordshire Porcelain Co

 

 


 

T A & S Green
Minerva China Works, Fenton, Staffordshire

The Pottery Gazette,  1st July 1880 

 


 


hand painted china cup & saucer with gilt 

T. A. & S. G. 

photos courtesy: Emily Bland


 

 

Initials used on ware for identification:

T A & S G

 


Staffordshire knot with crown above
T.A. & S.G.


 

- click for more information on the Minerva Works -   


Questions, comments, contributions? email: Steve Birks