|Fenton Cemetery Buildings of Stoke-on-Trent|
Buildings of Stoke-on-Trent
[ Web Site Index ]
Bassilow Road, Fenton
Fenton cemetery was laid out in 1887 on a 16.5 acre site in the north-east of the town, on sloping ground at the rear of Fenton Park.
The cemetery buildings were typical of those in other local cemeteries, with two chapels - one for the established (Church of England) church and the other for non-conformists.
The Victorian chapel buildings were not listed and, although attractive, did not compare with the chapel buildings in Hartshill of Hanley.
The Fenton cemetery chapel was demolished, amidst opposition from local residents, in August 2001.
also see: | Hanley Cemetery | Hartshill Cemetery |
The tower of Fenton Cemetery Chapel
photo: July 2000
photo taken from the open land behind the cemetery.
The front view of the tower
photo taken from the cemetery.
The front view showing the two chapels
one for the CofE and the other for non-conformists.
photos: July 2001 (just before
demolition), unless otherwise noted.