Graham Cubley's photos of Stoke-on-Trent
Glebe Street, Stoke, Stoke-on-Trent
the demolition of the Saracen's Head pub
Adjacent to the Saracen's Head in Glebe Street was the Mines Rescue Centre
The houses in Brook Street
named Brook Street because the tributary of the River Trent,
the Fowlea Brook flowed in a culvert below the street.
on Brook Street
The Copeland Hotel
The hotel stood on the corner of Glebe Street and Copeland Street
it was demolished for the building of the A500 road.
In 1851 Thomas Hulse was the proprietor of the Copeland Arms (the hotel was a Posing Inn)
The proprietor in 1893 was Mr. Rayne and in 1928 was Mr Albert E. Baker.
All these buildings were demolished in the early 1970ís, and part of the Civic Centre now stands nearby.
photos © 2007 - Graham Cubley