Odeon Cinema

Location and period of operation:

Odeon Foundry Street / Trinity Street, Hanley 1937



The Odeon opened in Trinity Street, Hanley in 1937, on the site of the old Grand Theatre (which had itself shown films from 1896). When this cinema was closed in 1975 the Gaumont in Piccadilly, Hanley was renamed as The Odeon"




Odeon Cinema - location 2
Foundry Street, Hanley
From 1947 Pottery Gazette


Grand Theatre, Trinity Street

Looking down Trinity Street towards Etruria.
The Grand Theatre was built in 1897 and largely destroyed by fire in 1932,
only a few months after it had been converted to a cinema. 




(See sources)


Questions / comments / contributions? email: Steve Birks