| Districts | Streets | Maps

Stoke-on-Trent Districts: Dale Hall

 


previous: introduction to Dale Hall
next: St. Paul's Church

Dale Hall, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.


Present day evidence of the Dale Hall name:


Dalehall location sign
just below Portland House on Newcastle Street is this district marker
the white building immediately behind the sign is the former Dalehall public house shown below

 


The Dalehall public house
The Dalehall public house

This public house was constructed between 1844 and 1851.
It is a two storey building, two rooms wide by two rooms deep. There is an internal porch at the rear of the building and a coalhouse and privvy attached.
These are enclosed in a yard by a brick wall with a gateway giving access to rear. The Dalehall stands on Newcastle Street which was formerly known as Castle Street.

photo The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

 


 Dalehall Post Office
 Dalehall Post Office
like the Wood & Son's pottery works in the adjacent Newport Lane the post office is now closed 

 


 

Dale Street
Dale Street

Hall Street
Hall Street


 


Dalehall Gardens

in between Orme Street and Reid Street is Dalehall Gardens
on the 1898 map this area was the back row between the terrace houses

 

 


previous: introduction to Dale Hall
next: St. Paul's Church