along Glebedale Road can be seen the reclaimed and grassed over
spoil heaps of the Glebedale Colliery - Fenton's Christchurch Church
was rebuilt in 1890 due to massive subsidence caused by the
closeness of Glebe Colliery.
Since its closure, the colliery spoil
heap has been reclaimed and landscaped, and a mine tub and
commemorative plaque have been placed on the southern side of the
site to mark its association with mining.
Park Reclamation Scheme
Official Inauguration by
THE PRIME MINISTER
THE RT. HON. EDWARD HEATH M.B.E. M.P.
photos: July 2000
Glebe Colliery - Fenton
Fenton (Glebe) collieries Ltd.
This colliery derives its name from
its association with the
glebe lands of the parish church of St. Peter ad Vincula, Stoke.
The road alongside the location of this colliery is now called