Advert of the Week
Potworks of the Week
to the east of the city
lies one of the finest landscapes in North Staffordshire,
and a Green Flag Award winner, Carmountside Crematorium.
Main entrance, Carmountside
The cemetery at
Carmountside crematorium and chapel were
opened at the height of World War II in 1940, with the cemetery
following in 1947. The grounds cover some 25.7 hectares, and have
been fantastically managed by the City Council: as well as being a
cemetery and crematorium, it is a haven for local wildlife and is
used by local people for walking and contemplating life.
The chapel is laid out in a conventional
style with a centre aisle and can seat up to 160 people. There is
also standing room for a further 100 people.
The chapel is dedicated not consecrated -
allowing use for both religious and non religious services.
of the dead'