Bethesda Methodist Chapel - junction
of Albion St and Bethesda St.
Chapel is a grade 2* listed building (heritage no. 45A)
Sunday School is a grade 2 listed building (heritage no. 48A)
The frontage of the Bethesda Chapel - now in much need of restoration. Bethesda
was once known as 'The Cathedral of the Potteries' Built 1819 and extended
1859 & 1867 - brick built with Stucco Facade.
To the left and further up Albion Street is Hanley town hall.
Adjoining the chapel to the right are the old Water Board offices.
The Chapel is a grade 2* listed building (heritage no. 45A)
|A view taken of the gardens between the Chapel (to the left) and Sunday School (to the right) - the building in the centre background is the Victoria Hall which is behind and joined to the Hanley town hall.|
|Alexander House the former Methodist Sunday School is a grade 2 listed building (heritage no. 48A)|
|Methodist School from the side (now used as offices) - build 1819 and upper story added 1835.|
Photos taken October 1999 - S.C.Birks
[ Comments / Questions? email: Steven Birks ]