Stoke-on-Trent | Postcards of Burslem
Postcards of Burslem - Town Hall and Market Place, (1910)
Town Hall and Market Place, (1910)
The view on entering Burslem at the top of Newcastle Street.
(St. John Square cannot be seen but is on the immediate right)
The flags flying at half mast on the old Town Hall could be due to the
death of King Edward VII.
Tram lines are clearly visible in the road.
This the Old Town Hall (built between 1854 and 1857) replaced the
earlier one of 1761. It, in turn, was replaced in 1911.
next: is Burslem Park entrance
previous: was Swan Square