Hartshill Cemetery (reflecting the values of Victorian Society)
The Staffordshire Advertiser, 27th December 1884:
" The appearance of the new cemetery is very attractive, and the work of laying out the grounds has almost been completed. The site, which is 21 acres in extent, was bought by the Corporation from Mr F. Bishop for £3,450. The ground has been arranged so as to provide about 15,000 grave spaces, these being allotted to Churchmen, Nonconformists, and Roman Catholics. Each of these three divisions has been subdivided into first, second, third and fourth class grounds. "
Map showing division of the cemetery into 4 classes of graves
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks