Nelson Pottery, Hanley
|1885||1981||Elijah Cotton||Operated as E. Cotton Ltd.|
Elijah Cotton also operated the Victoria Works in Broad Street, Hanley.
Index entry for E. Cotton
1893 journal on E. Cotton
1956 article on the company.
Nelson Pottery (picture around 1893)
From: "A descriptive account
of The Potteries (illustrated)
1893 advertising and trade journal.
Page 22 Mr. Elijah Cotton, Earthenware and China Manufacturer" on the journal entry.
Nelson Pottery on the junction of Nelson Road and Commercial Road.
the picture Commercial Road to the left and Nelson Road
to the right. Nelson Road was renamed in the early 1950's to Botteslow Street.
Looking down Commercial Road from Botteslow Street
photo: Nov 2000
The white building on the corner
and the building
behind it form the 'Nelson Industrial Estate' -
most of these buildings are the original 'Nelson Pottery'
Questions/comments? email: Steve Birks