Colonial Pottery, Stoke
"Messrs. Winkle & Wood (formerly of the Pearl Pottery, Hanley) took the Colonial Pottery in 1889. In 1890, F. Winkle continued the Colonial Pottery as F. Winkle & Co. (while Wood continued the Pearl Pottery). General earthenware was produced. Marks incorporate the initials F W & Co. 'Ltd' was added after 1910, and the firm continued to about 1931."
From "Ceramic Art of Great Britain 1800-1900" Jewitt.
Index Page for F Winkle
Map and Photos of Colonial Pottery
The Colonial Pottery - 1893
From "A descriptive account
of The Potteries (illustrated)
1893 advertising and trade journal. Page 74
Messrs. F. Winkle and Co., Opaque Porcelain Manufacturers,
Colonial Pottery, Stoke-on-Trent"
on the trade journal entry
Questions/comments? email: Steve Birks