Hill Top Top Sunday School
Westport Road, Burslem
on Westport Road
on Hall Street
on the history of Burslem Sunday School
impressive building was built in 1836 on the corner of Westport Road and
Burslem Sunday School with it's impressive frontage.
Known locally as 'Hill Top' as it stands at
the top of Westport Road.
The Sunday School was on the junction of Westport Road and Hall Street
(which ran down to Middleport)
He called it 'Sytch Chapel'
View from the steps of the Sunday School looking down Westport Road.
Note how close the Wade Heath factory is.
View from the Wade 'Greenhead Works' in Greenhead Street.
Only the frontage of the Sunday School is left - the rest having been demolished.
Photos: Oct 1999
[ Comments / Questions? email: Steven Birks ]