G. Podmore, Walker & Co. took over the Unicorn Pottery and Pinnox Works in Tunstall in 1834.

Sometime later they occupied Swan Bank Pottery, vacated by Ralph Hall in 1849.

They are listed by Ward in 1843 as having two factories, Newfield and Tunstall.

The initials P. W. & Co. appear on several printed marks. In 1859 firm became Wedgwood & Co. when Enoch Wedgwood succeeded the older partnership.