Hanley Park



  

 

The lake in Hanley Park's lower ground
The lake in Hanley Park's lower ground was designed by Thomas Mawson to appear larger than its five acres by creating an irregular outline broken by willow trees planted along the margin, promontories, bays and islands.

The lake was created at a cost of 2,500 and filled with water from the Caldon Canal. Mawson, who died in 1933 (age 72) was the first President of the Landscape Institute. 

Boat House
The boat house, upper story has from time-to-time served as a cafe.


This photo: John Whitmore

The lake drained for repair of the bed