Longport: The 'Kingdom' of Davenport (1760's - mid 19th C))
Location 20 on
the index map
This little path (almost opposite the rear of Burgess & Leigh factory) seems to run down to the houses in the background - in fact the fenced area just by the path was the site of some Lime Kilns and this path ran from the canal side down to the kilns.
The kilns are shown on the 1832 map and also on the 1900 map.
next is the new canal wharf and the end of the walk
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks