Cobridge Works, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent

From To Occupier Comments
1808 1816 Stevenson and Bucknall Factory erected in 1808
1816 1836 Stevenson Continued in the period by Andrew Stevenson alone.
1836   Robinson, Wood & Brownfield. Mr Robinson died in the same year.
1836 1850 Wood & Brownfield After Robinson's death continued by Wood and Brownfield.
1850 1871 William Brownfield Wood retied in 1850 and W Brownfield continued alone.
1871 1893/4 W. Brownfield and Sons In 1871 Brownfield was joined by his son, William Etches Brownfield
1893/4 1900   In 1893/4 Brownfield's Guild Pottery Society Ltd was formed
1900     Works demolished.
1901     Messrs Myott rebuilt on the site in 1901

Dates predominantly taken from "Jewitt's Ceramic Art of Great Britain 1800-1900"


Questions/comments? email: Steve Birks