Alcock, Lindley and Bloore Ltd  




 

 

Location and period of operation:

Alcock, Lindley and Bloore Ltd

Hanley & Burslem

1919

  1979

(See sources)

Vulcan Pottery, Clough Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent.

The first factory was based in Clough street in Hanley in its later days and was taken over in 1974/5 by Royal Doulton and closed down in 1979.  

They were well known for  Brown Betty Tea Pots and later Coffee Pots - in their back stamp was a small teapot.

At one time the factory was only a small concern employing about 100 people, consisting of about 5 families.  The building was in Clough street  backing on to Slippery Lane.

NOTE: Alcock, Lindley & Bloore also operated at the Scotia Works, Burslem

Previously: Smith & Co
Subsequently: Steelite International PLC

 

Swinnertons Ltd was started by the partners Alcock, Lindley & Bloore

 


ware produced by Alcock, Lindley & Bloore

typical ware produced by Alcock, Lindley & Bloore 

cover photo from the ALB Collector's Guide by Sheri Murphy-Hughes

ALB blogspot

 


 

 


 

 

Initials and marks used on ware for identification:

 

ALB

 

Alcock, Lindley and Bloore
Alcock, Lindley and Bloore
Hanley
Staffordshire, England

note the small teapot in
the apec of the A

  


 

the Scotia Works of  Alcock, Lindley & Bloore 

- click picture for more information -


 

advert for Alcock, Lindley and Bloore Ltd

advert for Alcock, Lindley and Bloore Ltd
manufacturers of Samian and Rockingham Teapots

- Pottery Gazette, April 1953 - 

 


Questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks