Stoke-on-Trent - Potworks of the week
St. Gregory's Pottery, Longton
1909 Jackson & Gosling who was a china manufacturer at the Grosvenor
Works, Foley Place, King Street, Fenton
moved to the existing St. Gregory Works in Gregory Street Longton, and renamed the factory to the Grosvenor Works.
By 1960 the Jackson & Gosling business moved from Gregory Street to the New Chelsea China Companies' Chelson Street works.
67 Leonard Ferneyhough
68 H. A. Wain & Son. Ltd.
69 Jackson & Gosling Ltd.
Pottery Gazette & Glass Trade Directory - 1947
James Wilson's St. Gregory's Works
the main entrance to the works on Gregory Street (was originally St. Gregory Street)
photos: © Eileen Hallam
St. Gregory's Works A.D. 1883
gate to the works
St. Gregory's Pottery
"In 1883, James Wilson having erected these new works in Marsh Street, transferred to them his Parian works, formerly in High Street, and added the manufacture of china to his other business.
James Wilson started at High Street in 1879 and continued at Marsh Street to about 1897."
Jewitt's Ceramic Art of Great Britain, 1800-1900
end view of the works from Grosvenor Street
to the left is Gregory Street and to the right is Griffin Street
(originally Marsh Street - renamed in the 1950's to Griffin Street)
view from Gregory Street
- at the time of these photos the buildings were occupied by CIS - Ceramic Industry Supply Co. Ltd. -
to the left are the original buildings - those to the right look like later build