Stoke-on-Trent - Potworks of the week
in the 1950's
Longton in the mid 1950's - to the left is High Street (now Uttoxeter Road), bottom right is Stafford Street (now The Strand)
dark blue oval is the Gladstone, Roslyn and Park Works
the red oval is the John Tams Crown Pottery on the corner of Commerce Street and Stafford Street (now The Strand)
the light blue oval was the Empire Theatre which burnt down in 1993, the frontage was demolished in 1997
same area in 2010, the theatre has been demolished - the Park Works was
demolished and is now the
car park of the Gladstone Pottery Museum - which incorportates the Gladstone & Roslyn works
map from 1947 Pottery Gazette & Glass Trade Review
44 Doric China Co.
45 Gladstone China (Longton), Ltd.
46 Roslyn China
47 New Park Potteries, Ltd.
48 Shaw & Copestake, Ltd.
49 H. Aynsley & Co., Ltd.
50 Cartwright & Edwards,Ltd.
51 Adderleys, Ltd.
52 Holdcrofts, Ltd.
53 John Tams, Ltd.
54 James H. Cope & Co., Ltd.
55 Palissy Pottery, Ltd.
56 J. Lockett & Co.
57 J.T.Fell & Co. (Longton), Ltd.
58 Mayer & Sherratt
59 Collingwood Bros., Ltd.
60 Salisbury Crown China Co.
Longton - Longton was at the end of a lane which ran from Tunstall to a village at the end of the lane, hence Longton was known as Lane End, and colloquially as 'Neck End'.