Master Potters in Georgian Burslem (1714-1837)
Alleyway from the bowling green to Market Place
Location 11 on
the index map
As we walk down the very narrow alleyway to Market Place
we see the potworks on both sides and on the skyline
a glimpse of the clock tower of the Town Hall.
Still surviving today (2000) is the gas light, installed
to try to prevent mugging during the hours of darkenss.
The potworks on the left once housed The Central Works .
The passageway between High Street and Market Street is seen
on the 1832 map, together with the potworks on
next we emerge out of the alley by the Town Hall
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks