Master Potters in Georgian Burslem (1714-1837)
Burslem Board School
Location 16 on
the index map
Top of Bournes Bank is the Burslem National School
structure erected in 1817 at a cost of £2000.
It was built to accommodate 600 children but was half empty
in 1840 because most parents preferred to send their
children to the Methodist schools and to Burslem Sunday School.
This building can be seen on the 1851
map of St. John's Church
next is the Parish Church of St. John
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks