Brown-Westhead, Moore & Co






 

Location and period of operation:

Brown-Westhead, Moore & Co

Hanley  
Cauldon Place

1862

1904

Manufacturers of high-grade earthenwares and porcelain at Cauldon Place, Hanley (Shelton area), Stoke-on-Trent.  

  • In December 1861 William Bates resigned from the business of Bates, Brown-Westhead & Moore and the company became Brown-Westhead, Moore & Co. 

  • The partners included Thomas Chappell Brown-Westhead, William Moore, James Moore, Robert George Scrivener and Edward Moss. 

  • The company exhibited at many of the International Universal Exhibitions, winning a gold medal in Paris in 1878.

 

Previously: Bates, Brown-Westhead & Moore  [1859-61] 

Subsequently:  Cauldon (Brown-Westhead & Moore) Ltd.  [1905-20] 


Cauldon Place, Stoke Road.

1893 trade journal entry for Brown-Westhead, Moore & Co.

 


 


T C Brown-Westhead, Moore & Co

 The Pottery Gazette, American and Canadian Edition, January 1st 1880


London Gazette, June 6, 1882

 
notice that James Moore (deceased) was no longer
a partner in the business

 

 


Initials used on ware for identification:

B W M

B W M & Co


1893 article on Brown-Westhead, Moore & Co.


click for more information:-

 

 



The Cauldon Place works 

- click picture for more -

 


questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks