Hadderidge Pottery, Burslem
These works, carried on by Thomas Heath— and afterwards, successively, by John Wedgwood, Mr. Phillips, and W. & G. Harding - came into the hands of Heath & Blackhurst in 1859, who were succeeded by Blackhurst & Tunnicliffe, and then in 1880 by Blackhurst & Bourne, by whom they were continued for middle-class quality earthenware, plain and decorated, for the home trade. In this class, all the usual table, toilet, tea and other services and a variety of other articles were made. The mark is a garter, encircling the initials H & B., B & T., or B & B.
Messrs. Blackhurst & Bourne continued to 1892. From 1895 to 1904, Messrs. W. Edwards & Sons worked the Hadderidge Pottery."
Jewitt's 'Ceramic Art of Great Britain 1800-1900'
|1809 (12)||1835||Thomas Heath|
|W. & G. Harding|
|at sometime there appears to have been a "Heath & Tunnicliffe"|
|1859||1879||Heath & Blackhurst|
|1879||1879||Blackhurst & Tunnicliffe|
|1880||1892||Blackhurst & Bourne||in 1892 Bourne joined with Leigh at the Albion and Leighton Potteries, Burslem as Bourne & Leigh|
|1895||1904||W. Edwards & Sons|